What is Stake?
Stake is a free financial tool that empowers wealthier, happier renters. We’ve partnered with your rental community to bring you Cash Back and a full suite of banking services.
In order to be eligible for Stake, your rental community needs to enroll you. This is a benefit provided by rental communities to earn Cash Back on rent.
How do I sign up for a Stake account?
Your Stake account is created as soon as your lease starts! Follow this link to download and login to the Stake app on your phone: www.stake.rent/login
How does Cash Back work?
You earn Cash Back in your Stake app every month for paying rent on time. The Cash Back offer is specific to your community, and can vary. This Cash Back is real money! Save, spend, or transfer at any time to use however you'd like.
What do I get with Stake?
- Cash Back on rent and all purchases
- No fee rent payment
- Free rent reporting to boost your credit score
- FDIC-insured checking account
- Access to your paycheck 2 days early
- A full suite of free banking services designed for renters in the Stake app
How do I pay rent with Stake?
To earn Cash Back on rent, login to the Stake app and click on the Renting tab! We have a full comprehensive guide that will walk you step-by-step on how to pay rent with Stake Visa® Debit card or Stake ACH. Or, follow these steps:
1) Login to the Stake app: www.stake.rent/login
2) Request your Stake Visa® Debit card by clicking on Banking in the navigation tab
3) Activate your card when it arrives in the mail
4) Add funds to make sure your rent amount is in the Stake app
5) Sign in to your rent payment portal and use your Stake ACH account and routing number or Stake Visa® Debit card information to pay rent and earn Cash Back!
How do I move money in and out of Stake?
To add funds to your Stake account:
- Login to the Stake app and click on Add Cash on your Banking homepage under your balance
- Choose or connect the bank account you would like to transfer money from via Plaid
- Add the amount you would like to transfer into Stake, and then confirm the transfer
To transfer funds from Stake to your bank account:
- Login to the Stake app and click on Cash Out on your Banking homepage under your balance
- Choose or connect the bank account you would like to transfer money to via plaid
- Add the amount you would like to transfer out, and then confirm the transfer
Transfers can take up to 2-3 days to process and appear in your account, so please plan accordingly to ensure your funds arrive on time.
How can I request that my data be deleted?
Stake maintains industry standard data deletion processes. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Stake Data Deletion Request - <Your Name>" to request that your data be deleted.
How do I reach Stake Member Support?
If you have additional questions, we’d love to hear from you! Please email us at email@example.com, text us at (206) 385-4044, or chat us in the Stake app: www.stake.rent/login