Stake just finished our third quarter. Just 90 days, but you'll agree it's been pure 🔥.
First, what's up with our quarters? Our third quarter runs from August to November.
Why? This rhythm aligns with the seasonality of the Rental Communities we serve. Also, we just don't do things like other people do things. Everything at Stake is a fresh take, and a new way to look at a problem. As the first to offer Cash Back to renters, I think you'll agree we are doing things a little differently.
Our third quarter took plenty of fresh, hot, takes too. Let's take a look:
- Kicking off the third quarter, we shared a story told by one of our Resident Members about what they saved for in our app.
- We launched Rewards Day with beautiful illustrations, pro tips to help renters save, giveaways, contests, and even more ways to earn Cash Back.
- More integrations launched with Venmo.
- What happens when Gen X and Gen Z create a company together? Jimmy and Rowland announced Stake's cultural principles.
- We announced that Jared Phillips (COO), Dillon Jacobson (Design Director), Syldys Khomushku (Front-End Engineer), and Andres Valenzuela (Full Stack Engineer) joined our team.
- Our first annual Stake Week: a whole week off — that means not working, folks! — for the entire team.
- Stake headed to Chicago for Apartmentalize.
- New Case Studies showing $1 spent returned $24 with Stake. New whitepapers on Economic Vacancy.
- Rowland presented at the Shadow Conference, "Improving Asset Performance by Rewarding Resident Behavior."
- Business Insider summarized Stake as one of the startups: "making renting suck less as home prices skyrocket." We love the radical candor!
- Our first annual Advisorpalooza: with over 30 investors, advisers, and clients all gathered for a day of presentations, networking, and planning in New York City.
- Stake 5.0: Entirely redesigned Stake App and Loyalty Cloud for our Rental Community asset and property managers.
- Celebrated Halloween with some crazy good costumes. It's pretty clear which costume won!
- Oh yes, and we closed a $4m Seed Round. Check out our great coverage in Commercial Observer here, and our behind the scenes story here.
The results of this incredible work speak for themselves: 130% increase in Resident Members in just 90 days. That's over $1 million in Cash Back rewarded to residents annually. We're just getting started, onwards!